An exciting learning opportunity at Hangzhou in this coming summer break is now available for you!
With the support by the Ministry of Education of Mainland China, our Faculty is offering the Zhejiang University (ZJU) “Entrepreneurship in China” Summer Programme 2018-19. This programme will be held in one of the most dynamic areas of private economy in China – Hangzhou, from June 16 - July 6, 2019 (21 days).
About the Programme
The aim of this programme is to enhance students’ understanding on entrepreneurship in China by providing first-hand experience through living and learning in Hangzhou. The programme comprises formal classroom lectures, group discussions, company visits and cultural activities. The lectures provide students with business knowledge from diversified perspectives of being an entrepreneur in China, such as marketing, finance, economics and so on, which lead students to build up an entrepreneurial way of thinking. Visits to local firms enable students to know more about the business environment in Hangzhou and have a deeper understanding on doing business in China. Students can have a chance to experience the traditional Chinese culture and explore the city during their free time in Hangzhou.
Students participate in this programme will be enrolled in a ZJU course “Entrepreneurship in China”, which is equivalent to MGTM3415 Principles of Entrepreneurship (6 credits) in HKU. Students who have successfully completed this course in ZJU will have 6 HKU credits being transferred back. Please note that only the credits will be transferred back but not the grade. In other words, the grade obtained from this course WILL NOT be counted towards your CGPA.
FBE UG Year 1 to 3 students who have never joined the ZJU “Entrepreneurship in China” programme before
*Priority will be given to students who have NEVER joined any China programmes as offered by the Faculty before.
**The programme will be conducted in English.
Items to be paid by students:
- Flight tickets between Hong Kong and Hangzhou
- Optional Travel insurance (All HKU students will be covered by the Corporate Business Travel Insurance as arranged by the University. Students may purchase an additional insurance plan if you want to extend the coverage during your stay in Hangzhou.)
- Visa application fee (Non-local participants (except participants from Mainland China) may be required to apply a travelling visa for entering Hangzhou.)
Items to be covered by the programme:
- Tuition fee
- Cultural activities
- Local transportation for company visits and cultural activities
Interested students please submit an online application form HERE.
In the online application, please upload the following documents:
- Passport-size photo
- Copy of Mainland Entry Permit (回鄉卡) (for Hong Kong residents) / Passport (for non-Hong Kong residents)
- Most updated CV
- 300-word essay on “Why are you interested in joining China Study Programme?”
12:00 noon, February 20, 2019 (Wednesday)
Selected students are required to pay a deposit of HK$3,000 which will be refunded upon completion of the programme.
1) Students who take part in the programme must be a regular student who has already paid full HKU tuition fee in Semester 2 of 2018-19.
2) Students who are currently on exchange in Semester 2 of 2018-19 is fully responsible to make sure that no academic work schedule (such as examinations, presentations, course assignments, projects, etc.) in your exchange institution will have time clash with the China Study programmes. The Faculty will ask for written document proof in due course.
3) Student cannot take more than 72 credits in the academic year of 2018-19 (including summer semester) or more than 12 credits in summer semester. In case if the selected student plans to enroll in more than 72 credits throughout the entire academic year or 12 credits in summer semester, he/she is required to apply for credit overload. There is a risk that the application for credit overload will be disapproved and the student needs to be responsible for the consequences that may arise (Please note that this does not apply to BBA(Law) & LLB students as request of credit overload for these students will NOT be approved and no exceptional case will be granted).