FRESHMEN REGISTRATION FOR 2020-2021
Welcome to HKU Business School!
When you received your computer account details (HKU Portal login account details) you must complete the online master registration ASAP. This process is very important and crucial for the production of your Student Registration Card, course selection and your application(s) for other study facilities.
In view of the COVID-19 pandemic, the University Registration and Induction Programme for New Students will be held online via Zoom. The Programme comprises three parts, namely Faculty Induction Talk and Programme Induction Talk, CEDARS Non-Academic Induction Talk and HKUSU Orientation Talk. New undergraduates are required to register in advance (HKU portal login required) and attend all three sessions to complete the University Registration and Induction Programme.
Please refer to the below for the detailed registration procedures:
- Non-JUPAS Students
- http://www.ase.hku.hk/mr2020/ > Student Registration > Full-time Undergraduate Student Registration 2020
For enquiries, please contact the Faculty Office by phone at (852) 3917-5343 or by email to email@example.com.
FACULTY INDUCTION TALK
The Faculty Induction talk will give you an overview of your study at HKU and university life including introduction to the School, programme structure, important academic matters such as curriculum requirement, course selection and enrolment, Common Core courses, academic advisement and experiential learning opportunities.
Date: August 20, 2020 (Thursday)
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
PROGRAMME INDUCTION TALK
|Curriculum of Study||Programme Induction Session||Regulations and Syllabuses||Suggested Order of Study|
August 24, 2020 (Monday)
August 27, 2020 (Thursday)
August 24, 2020 (Monday)
August 25, 2020 (Tuesday)
August 28, 2020 (Friday)
August 20, 2020 (Thursday)
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- An Introduction to CAES1000 Core University English
- Guidelines on CUE Course Enrolment, and Application for Exemption from the CUE Requirement
- Common Core Information for New Student
* Common Core Course Enrolment
- Course Selection Period in August (Course approval method: First-Come-First-Served)
- Add/Drop Period (Course approval method: Auto-Ballot)
- Online Course Selection Schedule
- Pre-registered Courses for Freshmen of HKU Business School
- Video Demo for Course Selection on Student Information System (SIS)
- Sign up for Your Faculty Academic Adviser (Deadline: 4:00 pm, August 24, 2020)
Students are strongly encouraged to meet with their respective Faculty Academic Advisers (FAA) once every semester in their first year of study to discuss different academic issues.
After the sign-up period, you can check who your FAA(s) is/are via SIS by the following procedures:
1. Login to HKU Portal
2. On the left-hand side menu, click “Student Information System”, and a new window for SIS will pop up
3. In the new SIS window, click “Self-service” on the left-hand menu
4. Click “Student Center” on the menu
5. The name of the assigned Faculty Academic Adviser appears on the right-hand side under the heading “Adviser”
COURSE COUNSELLING SELECTION SESSIONS
Student Academic Advisers will provide valuable advices on various academic matters. Details of the upcoming Course Counselling Selection Sessions will be posted on the Faculty's Student Academic Advising Programme webpage in due course.